1987-1994 Range Rover 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1987-1994 Range Rover 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1987-1994 Range Rover 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Land Rover Range Rover parts included in this kit:
- 2 Rear Eibach Coil Springs
- 2 Front Eibach Coil Springs
- 8 New Mounts
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Wire Ties
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Air Spring Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Raise and support the vehicle with enough clearance to allow front and rear axles to fully drop down.
- Remove tires for access to air bags.
- Depressurize the air bags by removing the air line. To remove the air line push in on the plastic retaining clip and pull the air line from the air bag. (Note) The air bag will vent all of its pressure when the line is removed wear eye protection to prevent eye injury.
- Remove air spring clip on lower mount. Fig 1
- Remove upper air spring retaining clips and remove the air bag. Fig 2
- Depressurize the air bag by removing the air line. To remove the air line push in on the plastic retaining clip and pull the air line from the bag. Fig 3 & 5 ( The air bag will vent off all of its pressure when the line is removed. Wear eye protection to prevent injury)
- Remove lower retaining bolt at the base of the bag. Refer to Fig 3 & 7
- Remove retaining clips near the top of the air bag. Refer to Fig 3 & 6
- Remove lower shock mounting nut to allow front axle to drop down fully.
- Remove the air bag.
Front Coil Spring Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Install lower spring plates on axle with the supplied hardware. Bolt threads will be pointing up. Tighten bolts.(Refer to Fig 4 (Note) The corner points on the plate will be facing up.
- Using a spring compressor, Compress the spring marked smsp30 approximately 2 inches. Now place the upper plate assembly on to the top of the spring. Refer to Fig 5
- Now place the spring with the upper plate onto the lower axle plate Refer to Fig 6
- Now raise the axle with a jack while aligning the upper black puck to seat up into the hole on the frame. Refer to Fig 7 & 8
- Now reconnect the shock bolt on that side. Make sure the spring is aligned in both upper and lower seats then release the spring compressor. Installation for that side is now complete. Repeat the procedure for the other side.
Rear Coil Spring Installation InstructionsStep 3
- Install lower spring plate onto the axle perch using the supplied hardware. Bolts threads will be pointing up. Tighten bolts Refer to Fig 1 (Note) The corner points on the plate will be facing up.
- Using a spring compressor, compress the smsp#31 spring approximately 2 inches and place the upper mounting plate on top of the spring. Refer to Fig 2
- Set the bottom of the spring into the lower axle plate. Align the spring so that the upper plates round puck will go up into the hole on the frame as you release the spring compressor. Refer to Fig 3 & 4 Installation for this is complete. Repeat the procedure for the other side.
Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our technical support line. Please have your invoice handy before calling.
ALWAYS USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN LIFTING THE VEHICLE (Refer to shop manual for lifting instructions)