1989-1992 Cadillac Allante Rear Replacement Strut Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1989-1992 Cadillac Allante Rear Replacement Strut Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1989-1992 Cadillac Allante Rear Replacement Strut Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Cadillac Allante parts included in this kit:
- 2 Replacement Air Struts
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Strut Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Raise and support vehicle , allowing suspension to hang free.
- Remove the wheel.
- Disconnect the shock absorber electrical connector.
- Support the lower control arm with a jack stand or screw jack in order to relieve the spring load.
- Remove the lower shock absorber nuts and bolts.
- Remove the upper mounting nuts. On some models the upper shock mounting nuts are located in the trunk behind the trim cover.
- Remove the shock from the vehicle. On some models you may have to compress the shock by hand to remove it from the mounting.
- Install news parts in reverse order.
NOTE: Tighten all mounting hardware to the manufacturers torque specifications (replace any suspect hardware). Inspect the upper mounts before reinstalling into the vehicle. Replace if needed. The electronic dampener solenoid can be removed from the old strut and secured to the underside of the vehicle with a tie strap. This will negate the need to install the resistors supplied with the kit. If the solenoid is damaged or inoperative then follow the instructions included to install the resistors. Some models have a thicker upper mount. If you can not get the nut started, just pull the upper mount and trim off about ¼” of the top rubber mount to ease installation.