1989-1993 Dodge Dynasty 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1989-1993 Dodge Dynasty 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1989-1993 Dodge Dynasty 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
1989-1993 Dodge Dynasty parts included in this kit:
- DB1RB- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Eibach Coil Springs, and 2 Mounts.
- DB14F- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Eibach Coil Springs, 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies, and 2 Isolators.
- DB1R0- 2 Eibach Coil Springs and 2 Mounts.
- DB1FB- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- Disconnect Battery
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Jack stands
- Level Work Surface
- Screwdrivers (Phillips and Flat-Head)
- Allen wrenches
- Wire cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Spring Compressor
- Drill and drill bits
Front Strut Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Loosen the front wheel lug nuts.
- Raise the vehicle and support it on jack stands.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Disconnect the air line fitting and unplug the electrical connectors for the height sensor and solenoid.
- Vent the air from the bag.
- Be sure to mark the position on the strut at the bottom where it bolts to the spindle.
- Remove the nuts and bolts from the strut.
- Be sure to disconnect the brake hose from the strut.
- Remove the upper three nuts from the strut that attaches it to the shock tower.
- Dismount the strut from the vehicle.
Front Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- To install the strut, place the three studs on the strut into the shock tower. Loosely tighten the nuts.
- Attach the strut to the spindle. Install the bolts and nuts back into place.
- Align the marks you made, and tighten the nuts back.
- Attach the brake hose back to the strut.
- Install the wheel back and tighten the lug nuts.
Rear Air Spring Removal InstructionsStep 3
- Take the wheel off.
- Release the air pressure by removing the air spring solenoid valve.
- You will need to unbolt the air spring from the top plate and take the bottom nut off from under the air bag.
- Take the bottom of the shock loose.
- Now pull the air bag out.
Rear Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 4
- You will need to drill a hole in the center of the top plate and the chassis.
- Now bolt the plate back onto the frame.
- Install the coil spring into the bottom bucket.
- Jack the rear axle back up and remount the shock back.
Conversion Kit installation now complete.