1990-2008 Ford Crown Victoria Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1990-2008 Ford Crown Victoria Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1990-2008 Ford Crown Victoria Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Ford Crown Victoria parts included in this kit:
- 2 Coil springs
- 2 shocks
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket Set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrenches
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Air Spring Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Turn off the Air Suspension Switch in the trunk. Located In the trunk on the right side.
- Lift and support the rear of the vehicle. Always use EXTREME CAUTION when lifting and supporting any vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the upper Air Spring retaining clip. Accessed through The gap between the frame rail and the body.
- Using a pry bar or large Screw driver, remove the Lower spring seat from the Axle assembly.
- Make sure you also remove the Retaining clip from the lower Spring seat also.
- It may be necessary to Puncture the bag if all Air has not been vented At this point to ease removal.
- Remove the Air Spring solenoid Clip. Rotate the solenoid Counterclockwise to the first Stop. To bleed the Air from the System pull the solenoid straight Out slowly to the second stop. After the Air is completely bled From the system, rotate The solenoid counterclockwise To the third stop and remove Solenoid from the Air Spring.
- LEAVE THE SOLENOID CONNECTED TO THE AIR LINE AND THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR! SOLENOID MUST STAY WITH THE VEHICLE.
- Remove the lower shock Mounting nuts and pull The shocks away from the Axle. This will allow the axle to Lower during the installation Of the new springs.
Rear Coil Spring Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Install the Coil Spring into The upper seat with the Tighter wound coils to the top.
- Then place the bottom of The Coil Spring into the lower Spring seat, lowering the Axle a few inches will help With this step.
- If replacing the shocks as well, now would be the time to remove the old shock and install the new shock. Install the upper mount of the shock first. Then continue as directed.
- Raise the axle and Install the lower shock bolt And nut. Tighten all hardware.
- Tie up all loose wiring and Air lines to prevent them from Touching the exhaust pipes.
- Reinstall the wheels and Lower the vehicle to the Ground.