1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Lincoln Mark VIII parts included in this kit:
- FG14G- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies with Eibach Springs and KYB Struts, 2 Additional Eibach Coil Springs, 2 KYB Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, and 2 Mounts.
- FG14F- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies, 2 Additional Eibach Coil Springs, 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, and 2 Mounts.
- FG14B- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies, 2 Additional Eibach Coil Springs, and 2 Mounts.
- FG14G1- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies with Eibach Lowering Springs and KYB Struts, 2 Additional Eibach Lowering Coil Springs, 2 KYB Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, and 2 Mounts.
- FG14B1- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies with Eibach Lowering Coil Springs, 2 Additional Eibach Lowering Coil Springs, and 2 Mounts.
- FG1FB- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Front Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Turn off the air suspension switch in the trunk, see Fig 1 & Fig 2.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Position the front ride height sensor out of the way.
- Release the metal spring clip at the top mount of the height sensor, see Fig 3.
- Pop the sensor off of the ball stud, rotate out of the way on the bottom mount, see Fig 4.
- To remove the air spring solenoid rotate the solenoid counterclockwise to the first stop. Bleed air from the system by pulling the solenoid straight out slowly to the second stop, see Fig 5. After the air is bled completely from the system, rotate the solenoid counterclockwise to the third stop and remove the housing.
- Remove the upper mount control arm by removing the pinch bolt and nut, then tap the wishbone control arm upward, see Fig 6 & Fig 7. NOTE: slightly spread the slot in the top of the spindle.
- Remove the sway bar end link by unbolting the nut that attaches it to the spindle then tap it out, see Fig 8.
- Remove the struts lower Mounting nut and bolt, see Fig 9.
- Unbolt the brake line bracket that is mounted to the frame. Access the three 13 mm shock tower nuts and remove them, see Fig 10. Remove the Air Strut, see Fig 11.
Front Conversion Kit InstallationStep 2
- Install the top of the strut into the strut tower and fasten with the three 13 mm nuts loosely, see Fig 12 & Fig 13.
- Install the bottom of strut mounting to the vehicle and secure with bolt and nut.
- Re-install brake line bracket to the frame, see Fig 14 & Fig 15.
- Re-install stabilizer bar to the spindle and secure with nut, see Fig 16.
- Re-install the ride height sensor, see Fig 17.
- Re-install the upper control arm and secure with pinch bolt and nut, see Fig 18.
- Replace the wheel and lower vehicle to the ground. Tighten the top three upper strut mounting nuts.
Front Conversion Kit installation now complete.