1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Lincoln Mark VIII parts included in this kit:
- FG14G- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies with Eibach Springs and KYB Struts, 2 Additional Eibach Coil Springs, 2 KYB Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, and 2 Mounts.
- FG14F- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies, 2 Additional Eibach Coil Springs, 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, and 2 Mounts.
- FG14B- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies, 2 Additional Eibach Coil Springs, and 2 Mounts.
- FG14G1- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies with Eibach Lowering Springs and KYB Struts, 2 Additional Eibach Lowering Coil Springs, 2 KYB Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, and 2 Mounts.
- FG14B1- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies with Eibach Lowering Coil Springs, 2 Additional Eibach Lowering Coil Springs, and 2 Mounts.
- FG1R0- 2 Eibach Coil Springs, and 2 Mounts.
- FG1RB- 2 Eibach Coil Springs, 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, and 2 Mounts.
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Air Bag and Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Turn OFF the air suspension switch in the trunk, see Fig 1.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheels, see Fig 2.
- Disconnect the air spring solenoid from the air spring. Remove the air spring solenoid clip. Rotate solenoid counterclockwise to the first stop. To bleed the air from the system pull the solenoid straight out slowly to the second stop. After the air is completely bled from the system, rotate solenoid counterclockwise to the third stop and remove from the housing, see Fig 3 & Fig 4.
- Release the plastic clips from the bottom of the air spring and push up on the bag. Depress the metal locking tab on the top rim of the air spring. Rotate the spring counterclockwise and remove the air spring, see Fig 5 & Fig 6.
- Remove the lower shock mount, see Fig 7.
Rear Coil Spring Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Remove the sway bar end link, see Fig 8. This will allow the lower control arm to move downward Mmre and assist in the spring install.
- Set the spring in the bucket with the top plate provided in the kit, see Fig 9. Note: The top plate has a stud welded through it that lines up with an existing hole in the car frame. Be sure to orient the springs with the pigtail end toward the rear of the car. If you don't match the spring orientation then the car may have a side to side lean.
- Install the coil spring flat side up, see Fig 10.
- Place the pig tail even with the lower sway bar end link, pointed to the rear of the vehicle, see Fig 11.
- CENTER THE LOWER SPRING WITH YOUR FINGERS AS SHOWN, see Fig 12. THIS WILL ELIMINATE POSSIBLE NOISE ISSUES.
- The final installation should look like this (Fig 13).
Rear Shock InstallationStep 3
- Install the silver washer And cone shaped isolator, first, see Fig 14.
- Then add the Strutmasters mount to the shock. Now install the shock tightening up the bottom of the shock first, see Fig 15.
- Line up and install the upper mount. This will be tightened when in the trunk.
- Add the isolator and washer, then the shock nut. Tighten all hardware.
- Finished shock install, see Fig 16.
Rear shock installation now complete