1997-2000 Ford F 250 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1997-2000 Ford F 250 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1997-2000 Ford F 250 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
1997-2000 Ford F-250 parts included in this kit:
- 2 Coil Springs, 2 Shocks, 2 Upper Locator Pucks with Hardware, 2 Lower Locator Pucks.
- Disconnect Battery
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Standard or Metric sockets
- Standard or Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Jack stands
- Level Work Surface
- Pry Bar
- Spring Compressor
- Drill motor with a ¼ inch drill bit.
Rear Air Spring and Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
- Turn oﬀ suspension switch. Switch is located under the dash on the passenger side at lower kick panel, see Fig 1.
- Raise vehicle to remove rear tires.
- Remove Retaining clip from air bag solenoid at the top of the bag, see Fig 2.
- Now remove the air solenoid from the bag by turning the solenoid a ¼ turn counterclockwise and pull back. You should here air pressure release if the bag is still pressurized. Now turn the solenoid ¼ turn more and pull-out from bag. Leave this solenoid attached to the wire harness and tie it to the frame using a zip tie.
- Remove upper air bag retaining clip, see Fig 3.
- Now take a pry bar or large screwdriver and pry up on the lower bag mounting pad to remove it from the leaf spring pin, see Fig 4.
- Remove air bag from vehicle, see Fig 5.
- Raise rear axle enough to remove rear shocks from vehicle. Now lower rear axle until it is held by the leaf springs