1997-2002 Lincoln Navigator 4×4 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1997-2002 Lincoln Navigator 4×4 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1997-2002 Lincoln Navigator 4×4 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Lincoln Navigator 4x4 parts included in this kit:
- FX1R0- 2 Eibach Coil Springs.
- FX1RB- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks and 2 Eibach Coil Springs.
- FX1R0J- 2 Eibach Coil Springs, 1 Manual Control Air Compressor System and 1 Air Lift 1000 Kit.
- FX14F- 2 Coilover Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Eibach Coil Springs, and 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks.
- FX14B- 2 Coilover Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Eibach Coil Springs.
- FX14FB- 2 Coilover Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Eibach Coil Springs, 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Upper Control Arms, 2 Sway Bar Endlinks, 2 Inner and 2 Outer Tie Rod Ends.
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Air Bag and Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Remove the right hand kick panel, see Fig 1.
- Locate and turn off the Air Suspension switch, see Fig 2.
- Raise and support the vehicle and remove the wheels, see Fig 3.
- Support the rear axle, see Fig 4.
- Remove the air spring retaining clip, see Fig 5 & Fig 6.
- Lift up the bottom from here, see Fig 7.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar from the rear axle, remove both bolts, see Fig 9.
- Remove the nut from the bottom of the shock, see Fig 10.
- Disconnect the shock from the axle bracket. This will allow the Rear axle to be lowered, see Fig 11.
- If replacing the shocks as well as the air springs now will be the time to remove the nut and bolt from the upper shock mount, see Fig 10.
- Remove the shock and install the new shock at the upper mount Only. Install and loosely tighten the upper bolt and nut.
Rear Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Place the top (large end) of the coil spring into upper seat, see Fig 1.
- Pull down on the axle and push the small end of the coil spring onto the lower spring seat, see Fig 2.
- Raise the axle to line up the lower shock mount, see Fig 3.
- Install lower shock bolt and nut, tighten bolts to factory specs, see Fig 4.
- Replace the stabilizer bar, see Fig 5.
- Re-attach the wheels and set vehicle on the ground, see Fig 6.
Rear Conversion Kit installation is now complete.