1999-2004 Range Rover Discovery II Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1999-2004 Range Rover Discovery II Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1999-2004 Range Rover Discovery II Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Range Rover Discovery II parts included in this kit:
- LC1R0- 2 coil springs and 4 isolators
- LC1RB- 2 coil springs, 4 isolators, and 2 gas/hydraulic shocks
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Level work surface
- Jack stands
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Air Spring Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Depressurize the SLS air system. After depressurization, approximately 1 bar (15 in. lbs.) air pressure should remain in the system.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle. WARNING: Do not work under a vehicle supported only by a jack. Always support the vehicle on safety stands.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove the lower shock mounting bolts.
- Remove 2 clips securing the air spring to the chassis Fig 1.
- Collapse the air spring and disconnect pipe from the top of the air spring Fig 2.
- Rotate the air spring to unlock from the axle, and remove from vehicle Fig 3.
- Remove the connector from the pipe.
Rear Conversion Kit InstallationStep 2
- Install the new lower spring seats using the 10mm bolts provided. These will screw into the two existing bolts holes in the spring seat Fig 4.
- Install the new spring and top spring seat into the existing hole where the air spring was removed.
- Jack up the rear axle and reinstall the lower shock mounting bolts.
- Replace the rear wheels and lower the vehicle (Ensure that the shock mounting bolts and wheel lug nuts are tightened to the manufacturer's specifications.
Installation is now complete.