2000-2005 Audi Allroad Quattro 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2000-2005 Audi Allroad Quattro 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2000-2005 Audi Allroad Quattro 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
2000-2005 Audi Allroad Quattro (C5) parts included in this kit:
- 4 Coilover Strut Assemblies
- Disconnect Battery
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Jack stands
- Level Work Surface
- Screwdrivers (Phillips and Flat-Head)
- Allen wrenches
- Wire cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Spring Compressor (if applicable)
Front Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Lift Vehicle and remove wheels.
- Remove the remaining sir pressure from the front air spring. To deflate the air spring, carefully remove the air fitting from the top of the air spring.
- Loosen and remove the lower shock bolt, see Fig 1.
- Remove the pinch bolt from the front of the control arms, see Fig 2.
- Loosen the 3 top bolts under the hood. Leave one bolt finger tight to prevent the assembly from falling out, see Fig 3.
- Remove both ball joints from the front suspension link. Make sure to secure the front hub assembly to eliminate any stress on the brake lines and front drive shafts.
- Have another person hold the strut assembly while you remove the last remaining bolt. Carefully remove the strut assembly from the vehicle, see Fig 4.
- Using a 12 point torque bit, remove the 6 upper shock mounting bolts. Remove the top cast aluminum shock cap, Fig 5.
Front Conversion Kit InstallationStep 2
- With the upper cast piece and the new coil strut, align the forked bottom of the shock centered on the center mounting point of the upper mount. Note: if the assembly is slightly misaligned, this can be adjusted later upon installation, Fig 6.
- Begin by lifting the strut back into position and aligning the pin at the front right of the center mounting hole. Install upper 3 bolts to hold the strut and tighten, see Fig 7.
- Center the fork onto the lower control arm bushing and install the factory mounting bolt and tighten, see Fig 8.
- Reinstall the ball joints back into the knuckle assembly and affix with the factory hardware removed. A pair of pliers can help in seating the ball joints.
Front Conversion Kit installation now complete.
Rear Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 3
- Start by removing the remaining air pressure from the rear air spring. To deflate the air spring, carefully remove the air fitting from the bottom.
- Loosen and remove the upper mounting plate’s bolts, see Fig 9.
- Remove the lower shock bolt connecting the shock to the lower control arm, see Fig 10.
- With the shock loose, collapse the shock absorber by pushing downward on the upper plate. This will allow you to dislocate the upper mount from its mounting perch.
- With the upper mount dislodged, pull the air shock assembly up and out of the lower control arm, see Fig 11.
- With the aid of a large pair of pliers, compress the parking brake lever and remove the cable, see Fig 12.
- Remove the parking brake cable retaining clip, and slide the cable out of its mount. Set aside, see Fig 13. You will need this later!
- Remove the bolt securing the wheel speed sensor on the front side of the wheel hub. Let the sensor hang, see Fig 14.
- Locate the height sensor bracket on the back left of the lower control arm. Remove its mounting nut from the inside of the control arm to free the height sensor, see Fig 15.
- Next, loosen but DO NOT REMOVE the lower control arm’s rearmost bolts to eliminate binding during installation, see Fig 16.
- Using a paint marker or permanent marker, mark the eccentric bolt alignment at the knuckle and remove it, being sure to turn the nut on the backside. The control arm will now hang free, see Fig 17.
Rear Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 4
- Install the rear shock up from the bottom, making sure the locating pins are facing outward. Install the two factory upper mounting bolts and tighten, see Fig 18.
- Swing the control arm up to align the shock bushing to its mounting hole. Spacers are provided for the shock bushing and you will use one per side. Secure with the factory hardware.
- Using a floor jack, lift directly under the shock mount until you can align the knuckle bolt. NOTE: USE CAUTION not to lift the car off the jack stands!
- Align the marks previously made on the eccentric bolt and tighten. Go back and tighten the rearmost bolts of the lower control arm.
- Finish by re-installing the wheel speed sensor, parking brake cable, and height sensor. NOTE: The air hose can be tied off or doubled back into the open clips already installed.
Conversion Kit installation now complete.