2000-2005 Pontiac Bonneville Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2000-2005 Pontiac Bonneville Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2000-2005 Pontiac Bonneville Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Cadillac Deville parts included in this kit:
- 2 Rear Coil Over Shocks
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Raise and support vehicle with a lift or floor jacks. Remove the tires and the wheels. Support the control arm with a suitable jack.
- Open trunk and move back the paneling on each side to remove the upper shock bolts. Save and reuse retaining plate.
- Remove the electronic level control air tube from the shock.
- Remove the lower shock bolts, note applying a spray lube will be helpful here.
- Disconnect the electrical connector near the bottom of the shock. Remove the shock from the vehicle.
Rear Coil Spring Removal InstructionsStep 2
- With the Lower Control arm Supported with a jack, Remove the Hex nut from the Adjustment Link.
- Carefully and slowly lower the control arm until the spring can be removed.
Rear Coil Spring Installation InstructionsStep 3
- Prior to installing the coil spring you will need to remove the original bottom spring seat.
- Install the provided spring retainer.
- INSTALL THE COIL SPRING WITH THE FLAT END TO THE TOP AND THE PIG TAIL TO THE BOTTOM, INSTALLATION PUCK WILL FIT INSIDE THE SPRING.
- MAKE CERTAIN THE PIG TAIL END IS POINTED TOWARD THE OUTER WHEEL HUB ON EACH SIDE OF THE VEHICLE.
- External spring compressors can aid greatly in the installation.
- Install the coil spring top side first.
- Install the tighter coil to the bottom original spring isolator.
- Carefully raise the lower control arm into place with a jack stand.
Rear Shock Installation InstructionsStep 4
- Install the top of the shock first leaving the top two mounting nuts loose.
- Install the bottom of shock as shown.
- Install the lower mounting bolt provided as shown.
- Tighten lower hardware.
- Tighten upper hardware.