2000-2006 Lexus LS 430 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2000-2006 Lexus LS 430 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2000-2006 Lexus LS 430 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Lexus LS 430 parts included in this kit:
- 4 Coilover Strut Assemblies
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat-Head)
Front Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Disconnect the battery
- Remove the Front wheels
- Remove the plastic covers over the struts under the hood.
- Locate fuse box under the hood at the base of the windshield next to the passenger front strut. Remove 40 amp green fuse next to 50 amp red fuse, see Fig 1.
- Remove upper strut covers to access top of strut, see Fig 2.
- Lift cover and unplug the connector from the strut sensor. Next remove the sensor by turning the sensor counter clockwise and lifting, see Fig 3 & , see Fig 4.
- Loosen the three strut retaining nuts (Do not remove at this time.)
- Remove the air line grommet that is located on the inner fender near the exhaust manifolds, see Fig 5. Move grommet back to expose air line leading into the strut. This line requires a special tool from Toyota to remove without damage, or you can simply cut the line. Caution air pressure may be released (wear eye protection.)
- Remove the height sensor rod from the lower control arm, see Fig 6.
- Remove the sway bar link bolt, see Fig 7.
- Remove the brake line bracket bolt and remove bracket from the upper control arm, see Fig 8.
- Support the lower control arm from dropping. Remove the ball joint retaining clip and nut, see Fig 9. Separate the upper control arm from the spindle arm. Lay spindle arm back.
- Remove lower strut mounting nut and bolt, see Fig 10.
- Remove the upper 3 strut nuts that were loosened. lower the control arm and remove the strut. Note: You may have to pry down on the lower arm to remove strut.
- Save the 2 triangle shaped spacer rings from the top of the strut. These will be reused on the new strut.
Front Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Remove the three nuts from the top of the new strut and install the lower triangular spacer you saved from the factory strut over the studs.
- Place the new strut up into the vehicle so that the three studs fit up through the three holes in the fender. Note: Lower strut mount must also line up in it’s bracket, see Fig 1.
- Place the upper triangular spacer ring over the studs. Now Install the three nuts on the studs (Do not tighten at this time.)
- Place the lower strut mount into the lower control arm bracket and install bolt, tighten, see Fig 1. Note: You may need to pry down on control arm to install lower mount into bracket.
- Raise the lower control arm 2 to 3 inches while aligning the spindle arm to reconnect the ball joint. Tighten ball joint nut and replace retaining clip, see Fig 2.
- Reconnect swaybar link and height sensor rod, tighten bolts.
- Reinstall brake line bracket.
- Install wheels and torque lug nuts to factory specs
- When vehicle is back on the ground tighten the three stud nuts. (Note) Make sure you have reinstalled the upper triangular support ring under the nuts, see Fig 3.
- Install sensor cover on top of the three studs using the original nuts, see Fig 4.
- Please note that the red spring will touch the spindle arm when the tire is off the ground. When the vehicle is on the ground the spring will no longer touch the arm. Repeat these procedures for the other side.
Front Conversion Kit installation now complete.
Rear Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 3
- Disconnect battery.
- Before lifting the vehicle, the rear seat upper section must be removed to access the upper rear strut mounts. Do to the extensive amount of electrical components in the seat Refer to a shop manual for procedures to remove the seat back, see Fig 1.
- Remove the strut cover under the rear deck. Then remove the wire connector to the strut, then the strut sensor. Now remove the three remaining nuts holding the strut in place, see Fig 2.
- Raise the vehicle and remove wheels.
- Strut should have dropped from the upper stud holes Remove lower strut mounting nut, While holding strut remove strut from the stud, see Fig 3.
- Remove the air line at the top of the strut. This line requires a special tool from Toyota to remove, or simply cut the line. Caution air pressure may be released (Wear eye protection.) Refer to Fig 4.
- Remove strut from vehicle.
Rear Conversation Kit Installation instructionsStep 4
- Lower the vehicle so you can reach the upper strut mounting area behind the seat.
- Remove the nuts from the new strut and place the strut up into the car. Align the studs with the existing holes in the car to allow it to seat up into place, see Fig 1.
- Inside the car Install the support ring over the studs and install nuts. Tighten nuts.
- Next install lower strut mount onto the lower stud, install nut and tighten. (Note) You may need to pry down on control arm to install the lower strut on to stud, see Fig 2.
- Repeat procedure for the other side.
- Install wheels, lower car.
- Install rear seat.
Rear Conversion Kit installation is complete.