2000-2006 Lincoln LS Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2000-2006 Lincoln LS Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2000-2006 Lincoln LS Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Lincoln LS parts included in this kit:
- FD1RB- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- FD24F- 4 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- FD14F- 4 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- FD2RB- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Strut Removal and Installation InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Open the luggage compartment lid. NOTE: Shock absorber and spring removal is the same for both sides. The left side is shown, see Fig 1.
- Position the trim cover aside.
- Remove and discard the nuts, see Fig 2.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Remove the lower bolt.
- Remove the shock absorber and spring assembly, see Fig 3.
- Install the new strut in reverse order.
Rear Conversion Kit installation now complete.