2000-2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2000-2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2000-2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Chevrolet Suburban 1500 parts included in this kit:
- 2 Coil springs
- 2 shocks with bushings
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Level work surface
- Jack stands
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
Rear Shock Removal
- Raise and properly support the vehicle's rear axle (Fig 1).
- Remove the electrical connector, then remove the air line (Fig 2).
- Remove the upper shock bolt (Fig 3).
- Remove the lower shock bolt. Then remove the shock. Install and tighten the upper shock mount only (Fig 4).
Rear Spring Removal
Note: Be sure to work on one side at a time when removing the rear springs.
- Remove the brake line bracket from the rear differential, to prevent stretching the brake line (Fig 5).
- Remove the ABS wire from the frame clip to prevent stretching the wire (Fig 6).
- Remove the ride-height sensor bracket (Fig 7).
- Remove the stabilizer shaft link retaining nut from the frame (Fig 8).
- Remove the stabilizer link (Fig 8).
- Lower the axle until the coil spring is fully unloaded (Fig 9).
- Remove the coil spring. Keep both of the isolators as they will be reused in the installation of the new spring.
Rear Conversion Kit InstallationStep 2
Rear Coil Spring Installation
- Reusing the factory isolators, install the new coil spring where you removed the previous springs (Fig 10).
Rear Shock Installation
- Raise the axle and install the lower shock bolt.
- Install the stabilizer link (Fig 11).
- Install the ride height sensor bracket.
- Attach the ABS line.
- Attach the brake line to the differential.
- Tighten all fasteners to factory specifications.