2002-2009 GMC Envoy Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2002-2009 GMC Envoy Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2002-2009 GMC Envoy Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
GMC Envoy parts included in this kit:
- GB1R0- 2 Coil springs
- GB1RB- 2 Coil springs and 2 shocks
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Level work surface
- Jack stands
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. Vehicle Must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
Air Spring Removal
- Raise vehicle and remove tires (Fig 1).
- Support the rear axle (Fig 2).
- With the vehicle lifted and the rear axle supported, separate the ride height sensor from the axle (Fig 3).
- Press down on the anti-rotation peg, and turn air spring counterclockwise to remove it from the upper spring seat (Fig 4).
Important: There is a raised feature on the outer rim of the air spring top plate that denotes the anti-rotation peg position.
- Lift up on the air spring and lay it on its side (Fig 5
- Cut the air line from the air spring and remove the air spring from the vehicle(Fig 5).
Rear Shock Removal
If you are only replacing the springs, then skip this portion.
- Remove the bottom rear shock bolt using an 18mm wrench and socket (Fig 6).
- Removal Complete
Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
Shock and Spring Installation
- Install the upper shock bolt of the new shock. Tighten to factory specs (Fig 7). If only replacing springs, skip this part.
- Install the spring as follows with the writing on the spring readable and right-side up (Fig 8).
- Raise the axle and install the lower shock nut and bolt; tighten to factory specifications (Fig 8). If only replacing springs, skip this part.
- Using a screw driver or pick tool, place the tool through the centering hole in the ride-height sensor. Swing the sensor arm up until it meets the fender-well push pin (Fig 9).
- Remove the push pin (Fig 10).
- Install small wire tie to hold sensor arm in place (Fig 11).
- Re-install push pin (Fig 12).
- Installation is now complete.
Note: When completed you can keep The inflation-switch in workingrder by folding over the 2 air lines and clamping them together. This will prevent The air compressor from over-heating when in use.