2003-2009 Lexus GX 470 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2003-2009 Lexus GX 470 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2003-2009 Lexus GX 470 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Lexus GX 470 parts included in this kit:
- 2 Eibach Coil Springs, 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Upper Spring Locators, and 2 Lower Spring Perches.
- Disconnect Battery
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Jack stands
- Level Work Surface
- Screwdrivers (Phillips and Flat-Head)
- Allen wrenches and metric torque bits
- Wire cutter/stripper/crimping tool
- Spring Compressor
Rear Air Spring and Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Remove the lower portion of the Air Spring from the axle perch, see Fig 1.
- Pull down the top of the Air Spring to access the Air Line. Squeeze the white plastic clip and remove the Air Line From the Air Spring, see Fig 2.
- Remove the Air Spring from the vehicle, see Fig 3.
- Place a jack stand under the rear axle. Remove the lower Shock bolt and lower the rear axle, see Fig 4.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the shock, see Fig 5.
- Remove the upper shock nut and remove the Shock from the vehicle, see Fig 6.
Rear Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Install the shock absorber into the upper mounting Location, add the bushing and secure with upper shock nut, see Fig 7 & Fig 8.
- Install the upper spring locater puck and secure with the supplied bolt. Tighten bolt, see Fig 9.
- Remove the jam nut from the lower plate with the black puck. Place the plate, puck and bolt over the axle perch so that the bolt extends through the axle perch, see Fig 10.
- Place the jam nut on a open end wrench to reach under the perch and install on bolt. Tighten, see Fig 11 & Fig 12.
- Lower one side of the rear axle at a time. Lower till axle hangs free. Using an External Spring Compressor, compress the spring by 2-3 inches in total overall length, see Fig 13.
- Now place the spring up and on to the axle plate, slowly remove the spring compressor while keeping the top of the spring in line to fit over the upper locator, see Fig 14.
- Raise the rear axle and install the lower shocks onto the mounting location and secure the bolts, see Fig 15 & Fig 16.
Installation is now complete.