2003-2012 Land Rover Range Rover 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2003-2012 Land Rover Range Rover 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2003-2012 Land Rover Range Rover 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Land Rover Range Rover parts included in this kit:
- 2 Coil springs
- 2 shocks with bushings
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Level work surface
- Jack stands
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
Rear Air Spring Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Begin by removing both rear wheels.
- The rear air suspension valve block is located in the passenger wheel well, removal of the inner fender well is necessary Fig 1.
- With the wheel well removed, locate the valve block and again drain the air from the air springs by loosening the yellow and black air lines.
- With all of the air evacuated from the air springs, remove the lower air spring retention screw from the bottom control arm Fig 2.
- Using a pick or similar tool, remove the clip holding the top of the air spring onto the frame Fig 3.
- After both upper and lower retention fasteners are removed you can pull the air spring loose and disconnect the airline Fig 4.
- Shown is the rear air spring removed from the vehicle Fig 5.
- To install the coil springs you will need to first remove the lower shock bolt Fig 6.
- Loosen and remove the height sensor pivot point on the lower control arm.
- Loosen and remove the sway bar end link using a wrench to keep the ball joint from spinning Fig 7.
- Loosen and remove the spindle to lower control arm bolt to free the lower control arm Fig 8.
- Loosen but DO NOT remove the two rear bolts holding the control arm, loosening them will allow the control arm to move more freely Fig 9.
- With everything done properly the lower control arm should move freely without binding.
Rear Conversion Kit InstallationStep 2
- Install the lower spring seat into the lower mounting using the supplied bolts Fig 10.
- Install the upper spring seat into the upper spring perch and secure in place using the supplied bolts and fender washer through the hole in the center Fig 11.
- While pressing down on the control arm, slide the bottom of the spring over the lower seat Fig 12.
- . Using a floor jack, raise the lower control arm to realign with the spindle being sure the spring is securely seated. Reinstall the lower control arm to spindle bolt followed by the remaining suspension fasteners Fig 13 &Fig 14.
Rear kit install is now complete.
Front Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 3
- To release the air pressure from the front strut you will need to remove the passenger side front wheel well Fig 15.
- With the wheel well removed, located the front valve block located to the rear of the wheel well Fig 16.
- Slowly release the air pressure from the front struts by loosening the yellow air lines Fig 17.
- Remove the brake hose and ABS sensor wire from the retention bracket Fig 18.
- Disconnect the sway bar link by removing the nut holding the ball joint to the strut. You may need to hold the ball joint from spinning by placing a wrench on the two flats of the ball joint Fig 19.
- Remove the two large bolts that secures the strut to the spindle. Pull the spindle outward while pushing the strut to disengage them Fig 20.
- Look under the hood and locate the three nuts on the strut mount that hold the strut into place and remove Fig 21.
- With the strut removed you can now gain access to the hose connection. Remove the fitting to release the hose Fig 22.
Front Conversion Kit InstallationStep 4
- Position the Strutmasters coil over strut into the mounting location while aligning the three studs with the strut tower and fasten loosely with the three nuts Fig 23 & Fig 24.
- Connect the lower strut mounting bracket to the spindle, then replace the bolts and tighten Fig 25.
- Connect the sway bar link to the strut bracket and tighten bolt Fig 26 & Fig 27.
- Reattach the brake hose and sensor wire to the bracket onto the strut Fig 28.
- Reinstall the inner wheel well liner, then, replace wheel and tighten.
- After completing installation of both side lower vehicle to the ground and tighten upper strut mount nuts under hood Fig 29.
Installation now complete.