2004-2009 Cadillac SRX Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2004-2009 Cadillac SRX Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2004-2009 Cadillac SRX Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Cadillac SRX parts included in this kit:
- GX1FB- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Struts.
- GX14F- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Struts, 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Coil Springs, 4 Resistors.
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Pry Bar
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
Front Strut Removal and Installation InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Disconnect battery.
- Raise vehicle and remove front tires.
- Remove strut yoke bolt at the base of the strut, see Fig 1.
- Disconnect the height sensor rod from the upper control arm, see Fig 2.
- Remove upper control arm to steering knuckle nut. (Note) to keep the ball stud from rotating insert a hex head wrench into the stud while removing the nut, see Fig 3.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the strut sliding the clip and pulling up, see Fig 4 (black arrow).
- Remove the mounting cradles upper bolts, see Fig 4 (white arrows).
- Raise vehicle to remove the strut & cradle assembly out of the yoke and from the vehicle.
- Due to the high spring pressure it is recommended to have a qualified mechanic replace the strut cartridge in the cradle.
- After the cartridge has been replaced install the entire assembly back into the vehicle.
- Bolt the cradle in at the top, see Fig 1.
- Raise the lower control arm as you guide the lower strut yoke back into its collar, see Fig 2.
- Replace the collar bolt and tighten, see Fig 2.
- Reconnect the upper control arm to the steering knuckle. Install the nut and tighten, see Fig 3.
- Connect the height sensor rod. Double check that all bolts and nuts are tight then install wheel and tighten lug nuts to factory specs.
- Repeat steps on opposite side of vehicle.
Front Conversion Kit installation complete.