2004-2009 Cadillac SRX Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2004-2009 Cadillac SRX Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2004-2009 Cadillac SRX Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Cadillac SRX parts included in this kit:
- GX1RB- 2 Coil Springs.
- GX14F- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Struts, 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Coil Springs, 4 Resistors.
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Pry Bar
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
Rear Air Spring Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Remove rear interior trim panels left and right to access the upper shock mounting nuts and electrical connector Fig 1
- Disconnect the connector by sliding the clip and pulling up.
- Remove the shocks retaining nuts.
- Raise vehicle and remove tires.
- Remove the air line clip on the shock and slowly pull air line out to release any pressure. Fig 2
- Remove the lower shock mounting bolt and remove the shock.
- Disconnect the ride height sensor rod. Fig 3
- Place a set of spring compressors on to the coil spring and compress the spring about 1 inch. Fig 4
- Place a stand under the control arm and then remove the sway bar to frame mounting bolts on both sides. Fig 5
- Lower the stand to allow the control arm to drop so you can remove the spring.
Rear Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Install a new shock into the upper mounting holes and install nuts tight.
- Using a spring compressor. Compress the new spring down to 13 ½ to 14 inches to aid in installing spring. Fig 6
- Install spring with large end facing down into the control arm. Make sure to align the end of the spring into the step in the rubber isolator. Fig 7
- Make sure the top of the spring is centered in the upper rubber isolator.
- Raise the lower control arm enough to attach the lower shock to the control arm and tighten bolt. Fig 8
- Remove the spring compressor and lower the arm.
- Connect the height sensor.
- Repeat these steps on the opposite side of the vehicle and then attach the sway bar mounts to the frame. Fig 10
- Make sure all bolts are tight and install wheels and torque the lugs to factory specs.
Rear Conversion Kit installation complete.