2004-2010 Jaguar XJ-Series 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2004-2010 Jaguar XJ-Series 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2004-2010 Jaguar XJ-Series 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Jaguar XJ-Series parts included in this kit:
- 4 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- Disconnect Battery
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Torx bits
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Level work surface
- Jack stands
- General Tools
Front Air Strut Removal GuideStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Disconnect Battery.
- Raise vehicle high enough to remove tires.
- Open the hood and locate the electrical connector in the center of the air spring and disconnect it. Fig 1.
- Remove the air line, then remove the 4 stud nuts. Fig 2.
- Remove the brake-line bracket from the frame. Fig 3.
- Remove height sensor bracket from the frame. Fig 4.
- Remove the sway bar link from the control arm. Fig 5.
- Remove the upper ball joint nut to separate the upper A arm from the spindle arm. Fig 6.
- Remove the lower air spring mounting bolt. Fig 7.
- Pull down on lower control arm and lift up air spring to clear the lower arm for removal from vehicle.
- Repeat steps on other side of vehicle.
Front Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Remove the nuts and washers from the top of the new coil over strut.
- 11) Guide the top of the strut up into and through the upper A arm and into the four stud mounting holes. Place one of the washers and a nut onto one of the studs to hold the strut in place. Fig 8.
- Pull down on the lower control arm and guide the lower strut mounting bracket over the arm.
- Place the lower mounting bolt into the bracket and tighten. Fig 9.
- Install the remaining washers and nuts on the upper studs and tighten all nuts.
- Reinstall the sway bar link (Fig 9). Also reconnect A arm to spindle arm and tighten.
- Reinstall the brake line bracket and also the height sensor bracket (See Fig 3 & Fig 4). Make sure all bolts and nuts are tight.
- Repeat procedures on other side of vehicle, then install wheels.
Installation of the front is now complete.
Rear Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 3
- Raise vehicle high enough to remove rear tires.
- Open trunk and remove the compartment side trim panels to access the air spring upper mounting studs, electrical connector and air line Fig 10.
- Remove the electrical connector and air line from the top of the air spring Fig 11.
- Remove the four stud mounting nuts.
- Remove the rear track bar from the spindle hub Fig 12.
- Remove the lower air spring mounting bolt Fig 13.
- Remove air spring.
- Repeat steps on other side.
Rear Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 4
- Remove the nuts and washers from the new coil over strut.
- Install the new strut with the four studs at the top, into the existing holes in the trunk Fig 14.
- While holding strut up align the lower mounting hole and install bolt (Hint: You may need to pry down on the suspension to align bolt) Fig 15.
- Tighten the lower mounting bolt.
- Reinstall the track bar and tighten. (Hint: Put the car in neutral to help align track bar.) Fig 16.
- Install washers and nuts on the four mounting studs and tighten.
- Zip tie air line and electrical connector to the wiring harness.
- Make sure all bolts are tight.
- Install trunk trim panels.
- Install wheel.
- Repeat steps for opposite side of vehicle.
Installation is complete.