2005-2009 Range Rover Sport 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2005-2009 Range Rover Sport 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2005-2009 Range Rover Sport 4 Wheel Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Land Rover Range Rover parts included in this kit:
- 2 Rear Coil Over Strut Assemblies
- 2 Front Coil Over Strut Assemblies
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Wire Ties
- Allen Wrenches
Front Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Disconnect battery.
- Raise Vehicle.
- Locate the air compressor under the drivers side rear door at the frame. Fig 1
- Remove cover to access compressor.
- Unplug the compressor harness. Fig 2 & 3
- Reinstall cover.
- Remove tires.
- Locate the air line going into the top of the strut. Fig 4
- Remove the line by unscrewing the fitting or cutting the line. (Caution) Strut and line may have air pressure still in them. Wear eye protection. Fig 5
- Remove the lower strut mounting bolt. Fig 6
- Remove the upper strut mounting nuts and then remove strut from the vehicle. Fig 7
Front Strut Conversion Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Remove the conversion strut from the box and cut the zip tie holding the washer and sleeve on the bottom mount. Also remove the upper nuts and washers.
- Place the new strut into the vehicle and align the upper studs to go into the existing mount holes. Fig 8
- Install the washers and nuts on the studs and leave them loose. Fig 9
- Make sure the lower mounts bushing has the steel sleeve in it. Fig 10 Place the large washer between the lower mount and bracket. align it so that the original bolt can be put through the assembly. Fig 11
- Install the nut on the bolt and draw the assembly tight.
- Tighten the upper stud nuts.
- Repeat on opposite side of vehicle. Installation of the front is complete.
Rear Air Strut Removal InstructionsStep 3
- Remove wheel
- Locate and remove the air line at the top of the strut by either removing the air line fitting or cutting the air line. ( Caution) Strut and air line may still have air pressure in them. Wear eye protection. (Hint) Removal of the spare tire will allow access to the air line and inner mounting stud. Fig 1
- Remove the lower track bar from the hub assembly. Fig 2
- Remove the lower strut mounting bolt. Fig 3
- Remove the struts upper retaining nuts from the studs and remove the strut from the vehicle. Fig 4
- Repeat on opposite side of vehicle.
Rear Strut Conversion Installation InstructionsStep 4
- Remove the conversion strut from the box along with the supplied drill bit.
- In the upper strut mounting plate in the vehicle, drill out the three existing stud holes using the new drill bit. Fig 5 & 6
- Cut the zip tie off the bottom of the new conversion strut and save the washer. Make sure the steel sleeve is in the bushing. Remove the upper stud nuts.
- Install the new strut in the vehicle by aligning the upper three studs to the newly drilled holes and install the new nuts to hold the strut. (leave the nuts loose at this time.)
- With steel sleeve in the bushing align it into the lower mounting bracket and place the large washer between one side of the bushing and the bracket. Fig 8
- Install the original bolt through the assembly. Fig 8
- Install original nut onto the lower bolt and tighten the assembly.
- Tighten the upper three stud nuts.
- Install the track bar back onto the hub assembly and tighten. Fig 9
- Double check that all bolts and nuts are tight.
- Repeat on opposite side of vehicle.
- Installation is complete. Install wheels. Thanks for choosing STRUTMASTERS.