2005-2011 Cadillac STS Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2005-2011 Cadillac STS Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2005-2011 Cadillac STS Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Cadillac STS parts included in this kit:
- 2 Coil springs
- 2 Rubber isolators
- 2 Shocks
- 2 Resistors
- Read general service precautions
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Level work surface
- Jack stands
- Spring compressor (If applicable)
- Zip ties
- Basic tools
Cadillac STS Rear RemovalStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. Vehicle Must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Before raising vehicle disconnect battery.
- Open trunk, remove trim panels on each side to access upper shock mounts.
- Remove the electrical connector from the shock. Fig 1
- Remove the two retaining nuts.
- Raise vehicle and remove tires.
- Remove the air line from the shock by removing the retaining clip and pulling the line out. (CAUTION) shock may still have pressure so wear eye protection! Fig 2
- Remove the lower shock retaining bolt and remove shock. Fig 3
- Remove the sway bar bracket to frame mount. Fig 4
- Remove track bar bolt. Fig 5
- Place a jack under the control arm and raise the arm approximately 2 inches.
- Remove the control arm to hub bolt. Fig 6
- Pull hub back and up to clear lower control arm. Fig 7 (CAUTION) Do Not Pry on hub you may pull the CV shaft out.
- Lower the jack to allow the control arm to drop. Then remove the coil spring by pushing down on the control arm and pulling the top of the spring towards you.
- Remove the rubber isolator in the control arm.
Removal is complete.
Cadillac STS Conversion Kit installationStep 2
- Secure the air line by folding the line over and pinching with pliers. Now install two zip ties on the folded line and tighten as in Fig 1. Tuck line away from any hot or moving parts. See Fig 1
- Install your new coil spring with the writing (UPSIDE DOWN) and the new rubber isolator at the bottom. See Fig 2
- 3) Place the bottom of the spring with the isolator into the control arm.
- Spin the spring and isolator around until the end of the coil spring is facing to the inside of the car.
- End of this coil is to face toward the (inside of the car) See Fig 3
- With the spring in the correct position at the bottom, push the control arm down as you push the spring upper under the rubber locator. Fig 4
- Before raising control arm push the top of the spring inward until the coil touches the center of the rubber locator. Fig 5
- Now raise the lower control arm about two inches and reattach the hub to control arm with the bolt. Tighten bolt. Fig 6
- Reconnect the track bar. Tighten bolt. Fig 7
- Reconnect the sway bar bracket. Tighten bolt. Fig 8
- Remove jack from control arm.
- Install new shock by bolting the lower mount in first. Fig 9
- To install the upper shock mount you can either raise the control arm up until the studs go through the holes or install wheel and lower vehicle while you guide the studs in to the holes. Install nuts on the studs and tighten. Fig 10
- Install the supplied resistor on to the electrical connector that came off the old shock. Fig 11 & 12. Tuck wire away before replacing trim panel.
Repeat steps 1-14 on opposite side of vehicle.
Make sure all bolts are tight and reconnect battery.