2006-2011 Buick Lucerne Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2006-2011 Buick Lucerne Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2006-2011 Buick Lucerne Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Buick Lucerne parts included in this kit:
- 2 Rear Shocks
- 2 Rear Coil Springs
- 2 Rubber Isolators
- Puck And Bolt Assemblies
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Rear Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Open truck and locate the upper air shock mounts.
- Remove the two nuts holding the retaining plate, remove plate and save. Fig 1 & 2
- Safely raise and support vehicle.
- Remove rear wheels.
- Locate the shock air line and remove the retaining clip. Fig 3
- Slowly pull back on air line to release air pressure and remove. Fig 4
- Remove lower shock retaining bolts. Remove shock. Fig 5
- Support lower control arm with a stand or jack.
- Remove track bar stud from control arm. Fig 6
- Drop the control arm down until it is hanging on its own.
- Using a spring compressor, compress the stock spring until your able to remove the spring. Fig 7
- Remove the lower rubber spring isolator from the control arm. (leave upper isolator in place.) Removal is complete. Repeat on opposite side of vehicle.
Rear Coil Spring Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Remove a black puck assembly from the bag, and remove the bolt and large washer from the black puck.
- Place the bolt and large washer up through the bottom of the control arm as in Fig 8
- Place the puck over the bolt on the opposite side of the control arm along with the lock washer and nut. (tighten) Fig 9
- Then install the supplied rubber spring seat over the puck. (The spring step in the rubber should face rear at about the 5 o'clock position drivers side and 7 o'clock on passenger side.) Fig 9
- Install your new spring with the small end up, on to the upper isolator. (Strutmaster writing will be upside down.) Fig 10 and the bottom of the spring as in Fig 9 in the lower spring seat. (spring may need compressing)
- Install the track bar by raising the control arm with a jack. Tighten bolt. Fig 11
- Install the new shock by guiding the top of the shock into the upper hole. Then compress the shock until you can set the lower mount into position. Bolt lower mount in with the supplied hardware. Fig 12-13
- Finish mounting the upper shock by reusing the support plate from the old shock. Fig 14
- Fold over and zip tie the air line that was removed from the old shock. (This keeps pressure in the line so the computer thinks everything is fine.)
- Double check all bolts to be tight. Install wheel.
- Repeat all steps for opposite side of vehicle.