2006-2013 Mercedes-Benz R350 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2006-2013 Mercedes-Benz R350 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2006-2013 Mercedes-Benz R350 Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Mercedes-Benz R350 parts included in this kit:
- 2 Coil Springs
- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks
- Mounts and Isolators
- Hardware Package
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Level Work Surface
- Standard Tools
- Spring Compressor
- Zip Ties
Rear Air Spring and Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Using a two post hoist, lift vehicle to access rear air line going to the air spring, see Fig 1.
- Loosen air line nut to release air pressure in the bag. CAUTION: Suspension may retract as pressure is released.
- Remove the air fitting from the air spring, see Fig 2.
- Lower the vehicle until the rear tires touch the ground.
- Open the rear hatch and remove the side trim panels to access the upper shock mounting nuts, see Fig 3.
- Remove the nuts retaining the shocks.
- Now lift vehicle and remove tires.
- Remove the lower shock bolt and remove shock, see Fig 4.
- Remove air spring from vehicle by prying lower spring seat from control arm and then pry the upper from the chassis, see Fig 5.
- You will notice a white plastic pin left in the upper chassis. Leave this plastic piece in place, see Fig 6.
- Repeat steps for opposite side of vehicle.
Rear Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Before installing the new kit you must pinch over the air line and place a zip tie over the line to seal it off, see Fig 1.
- Remove the flat puck with the bolt assembly from the hardware package.
- Remove the nut from the bolt and remove the flat puck leaving you with the bolt and large washer.
- Install the bolt with large washer through the bottom side of the control arm hole, see Fig 2.
- Place the flat puck onto the bolt on the top side of the control arm and then install small washer and lock nut, see Fig 2.
- Make sure underside large washer is in the center of the control arm circle then tighten the nut and bolt, see Fig 3.
- Prior to installing the spring, you will need to install the new shock into it’s upper mount inside the vehicle. Tighten the nuts.
- Using a set of spring compressors, compress the new spring approximately 1 inch then place the large end of the spring over the puck on the control arm, see Fig 4 & Fig 5.
- Before releasing spring compressors you must install the upper puck onto the spring top. First rotate spring so that the end of the spring is facing out towards the tire, see Fig 6.
- Place the upper puck over the spring by pulling down on the suspension arm. Position the puck as in Fig 7, with the step in the puck against the spring end.
- While the suspension is held down position the spring and puck assembly so that the center hole in the puck aligns under the plastic pin.
- With the center hole aligned under the plastic pin, release the suspension. Puck should sit flush up against the frame and over the plastic pin as in Fig 8.
- With the spring assembly in place raise the control enough to install lower shock bolt, see Fig 9. Tighten bolt to the lower control arm.
- Repeat steps on opposite side of vehicle.
- Make sure all shock bolts are tight. Install tires and torque to factory specs. Install interior side panels.
Conversion Kit installation now complete.