2007-2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2007-2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2007-2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Chevrolet Suburban 1500 parts included in this kit:
- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Level work surface
- Jack stands
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Front Strut Removal and Installation InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Raise and support the vehicle. And remove the front wheel and tire assembly.
- Disconnect the outer tie rod from the steering knuckle. It may be necessary to use a special puller to separate the tie rod end from the steering knuckle. **Only loosen the inner tie rod nut (#2 in Fig 1). DO NOT REMOVE IT!**
- Support the lower control arm (Fig 2).
- Disconnect the electronic suspension electrical connector (Fig. 3).
- Now remove the two lower strut retaining bolts. **DO NOT USE AIR TOOLS FOR THIS PROCESS! Torque Spec 37 ft.lbs for these two bolts.**
- Next remove the 3 upper strut mounting nuts on the top. These are also torqued at 37 ft.lbs.
- Now you should be able to simply lower the strut assembly out of the vehicle.
- Installation of your new Strutmasters assembly will simply be in the reverse order.