Common Questions and Answers
Looking for more info about Strutmasters, our products, or our policy? Look no further! Below you’ll find answers to common questions that our customers often have. If you can’t find an answer that you’re looking for, call us at 866-830-5450 to speak to one of our suspension experts.
Need Assistance? Speak to a Suspension Expert Call 866-830-5450
1. How will my car ride with a conversion kit installed?
Answer: The kits are designed to give you a dependable, smooth ride, at factory recommended ride height. Many customers say the kits actually improve the handling and cornering on their vehicles. We have more than 250,000 conversion kits on the road and our customers love them.
2. Can I tow a trailer?
Answer: A vehicle converted with a Strutmasters conversion kit will tow the same capacity as it did with the original suspension.
3. How hard is it to install?
Answer: Our thousands of authorized repair shops have told us this: “If you can do a brake job, you can install a Strutmasters conversion kit.” They also tell us the conversion kits are easier to install than most of the original air suspension parts. Most shops will charge about 1 hour per wheel.
Installation Video Part 1
Installation Video Part 2
Installation Video Part 3
4. What modifications will I have to make to the vehicle?
Answer: Our conversion kits are designed to bolt right onto your vehicle with no welding, cutting or modifications. Simply remove the old air suspension parts and bolt on the conversion kit.
5. How do I get the warning light off?
Answer: Our conversion kits come with detailed instructions for installation and almost all of our kits include steps on how to bypass any electronics and suspension warning lights.
6. How long will the conversion kit last?
Answer: All Strutmasters conversion kits come with a limited lifetime warranty. They are designed to last for the life of your vehicle. Our conversion kits eliminate your air suspension problems forever!
7. What makes you better than the competition?
Answer: Some of our competitors use inferior Chinese steel and other Chinese parts. Customers and shops have spoken and prefer the quality and durability of our parts, which are made and assembled in the United States.
Some of our competitors use coil springs off the shelf and modify them for a particular vehicle. Reheating a steel coil spring is very bad news because it makes the spring brittle and leads to failure.
8. What if I don’t have the money to convert the entire vehicle?
Answer: Strutmasters understands that you work hard for your money. Our owner, Chip Lofton, knows that vehicles seem to pick the worst possible time to need repair his car failed while on vacation. Therefore, Strutmasters offers two-wheel conversion kits on as many vehicles as possible. We also offer a special savings for customers who convert all four wheels.
9. Why should I convert my suspension if I do not plan to keep the car?
Answer: A Strutmasters conversion kit may help you fall in love with your vehicle all over again! If not, a conversion kit will pay off when you decide to sell it. A vehicle with a good ride sells for more money and you will not be hearing back from the new owner complaining that you sold them a lemon.
1. How long will it take for my product to get here?
Answer: Shipping times will depend on where you are located. The map below should answer your question as far as the contiguous states are concerned. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii generally takes 5-6 days. International shipments have the tendency to take longer than expected due to the package having to go through customs.
2. How much will shipping cost?
Answer: Shipment costs are based on the distance the package must travel and how heavy the package is. Free shipping that is offered on certain products does not pertain to shipments going to Alaska, Hawaii or international shipments. For those shipments we will find the cheapest method of delivery (UPS, USPS, etc.)
3. What is the standard form of delivery?
Answer: Most of our shipments will go out UPS Ground.
4. What shipping options do you offer?
Answer: We offer every form of UPS shipping including, but not limited to, UPS Ground, Next Day Air, and 2nd Day Air.
5. I ordered my package over the weekend. Why has it not gotten to me yet?
Answer: Customers should keep in mind that UPS does not run on Saturday and Sunday so you will need to figure that in when calculating shipping times.
6. Does it take longer to ship online orders than it does if I call in?
Answer: Orders placed online before 4 p.m. will still go out the same day as long as the product is in stock. If you place your order after 4 p.m. Eastern then it will be put in the next business day. Keep in mind that if you place the order online after the cut off time on Friday the order will be processed on Monday.
7. Are shipping fees refundable if I return my product?
Answer: No, if you return your order, you will still be responsible for shipping both to you and back to us.
8. Why was I not offered some of the shipping options that are available?
Answer: The available shipping options for your order are based on your location and the total weight of your order. Not all areas of the US can be express shipped.
9. Can I have my order shipped to a different address or more than one address?
Answer: Strutmasters does not allow orders placed online to be shipped to any address except the billing address on your credit card. If you want your order shipped to any other address, you must call us at 1866-830-5450 to place your order.
10. What type of shipping do you use for Free Shipping when it is available?
Answer: UPS Ground will be used for all orders that offer Free Shipping.
11. How long will it take for my order to ship out once the order is placed?
Answer: All orders placed before the cut off time (4 p.m. Eastern) will ship the same day as long as the parts are in stock. If you are unsure, please call in and someone will verify when the order will ship.
- Customer must contact company to open a ticket for any return.
- Items must be returned within 30 days of the purchased invoice date.
- Customer is responsible for both the original shipping and return freight costs.
- Any product that has been installed cannot be returned for a refund.
- A 20 % restocking fee will apply to all non-warranty returns.
- Refunds will be paid in the same manner that payment was received (i.e, credit card or check).
- We reserve the right to refuse any products for return.
- Any unidentified product or product that hasn’t been called in for a ticket, will not qualify for a refund and will be returned to the sender at senders expense.
- Proof of purchase will be required on any and all returns for refund.
- There are no other warranties expressed or written which will modify this Limited Life Time warranty and Return Policy.
- To return a product, please fill out this Return Form located at www.strutmasters.com/return-form/