The 1997-2002 Ford Explorer 4WD has a torsion bar and 2 air shocks in the front, and 2 air springs and 2 gas shocks in the rear of the vehicle. The air springs control the vehicle’s height while the 4 shocks control the vehicle’s ride comfort and tire-to-ground contact. Additionally, the 2 front air shocks are also responsible for keeping the front of the vehicle from hitting the sub-frame. The rubber air springs are designed to automatically adjust to different weights being placed into or onto the rear of the vehicle, while the adjustable torsion bar is designed to hold a specific weight. The amount of air an air spring or air shock has is dependent upon level sensors, which, when altered by extra or less weight, sends a signal to the suspension control module. From there, the module sends a signal to the air compressor, which in turn pushes air through air lines into the top of the air springs and air shocks via a solenoid until the vehicle is back at the desired ride height. This costly air suspension system can be more easily replaced by many of our Strutmasters conversion kits.
We offer the following products and more for your Ford Expedition 4WD (1997-2002)
- Ford Expedition 4WD (1997-2002) Air suspension replacement kits like air springs, compressors, dryers, and solenoids are available so purists can keep their air suspension riding as smooth as the day they bought their vehicle.
- Ford Expedition 4WD (1997-2002) Conversion kits allow you to replace your air suspension, electronic/magnetic suspension, or hydraulic suspension with a conventional coil spring suspension and save up to 75% over the cost of repairs. Strutmasters conversion kits are designed to bolt directly onto your vehicle without drilling or other modifications.
- Ford Expedition 4WD (1997-2002) Lift kits help increase ground clearance and allow you to install taller tires for even more ground clearance. Lift kits are also available for specific Strutmasters conversion kits.
- Ford Expedition 4WD (1997-2002) Load leveling kits compensate for rear end sag when towing heavy loads. Keeping your vehicle level helps you to maintain control when you are towing.
- Ford Expedition 4WD (1997-2002) Shock absorbers and struts absorb the impact on your suspension and help keep the tires firmly planted on the road. Replace them every 50,000 miles for the best ride possible.
Ford Expedition 4WD (1997-2002) Suspension Parts You Can Trust
Get fast, same day shipping on any products in stock when you order before 3 p.m. Eastern on any normal business day. No matter what you suspension needs, Strutmasters has you covered. In addition to our own high quality conversion kits, we carry a wide variety of products from industry leaders like Air Lift, Monroe, Rancho, ReadyLIFT, and SuperSprings. Need help finding your suspension solution? Trust The Suspension Experts® to help you find the right solution for you and save you money on your suspension repairs. Give Strutmasters a call at 866-597-2397 today.