1990-2000 Lexus LS 400 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
1990-2000 Lexus LS 400 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 1990-2000 Lexus LS 400 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Lexus LS 400 parts included in this kit:
- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- Disconnect Battery
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Torx bits
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Level work surface
- Jack stands
- General Tools
Front Air Strut Removal GuideStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Remove the front wheel. Torque 103 Nm (76 ft. lbs.).
- Bleed air. NOTE: Turn off the air suspension switch located on the left side of the trunk compartment.
- Disconnect the one touch air connector of the height control valves and bleed the air Fig 1.
- Disconnect the height control sensor link from the shock absorbers lower bracket. Remove the nut and disconnect the sensor link. Torque: 5.0 Nm (48 inch lbs.).
- Disconnect the steering knuckle from the upper ball joint. Remove the clip and nut. Torque : 65 Nm (48 ft. lbs).
Front Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Install the strut into the top of the strut mount and attach wheel strut mounting nuts loosely.
- Install the bottom of the strut into the lower mounting bracket and secure with the bolt and nut.
- Reconnect the steering knuckle to the upper ball joint.
- Prior to completely tightening lower shock absorber bolt, stabilize the suspension by installing wheels and bouncing vehicle up and down several times (aka Jounce Procedure).
- Then tighten lower shock absorber bolt, with vehicle on the ground. This will correct vehicle from binding and sitting high after install.
- Should the vehicle appear too high after installation is complete, loosen lower strut mount and sway bar end links, repeat jounce procedure.
- Note: The front springs may settle some during the first couple of weeks of use. You may have to adjust the front height sensors to match the level of your new rear springs. The front springs can sit a little low if your rear shocks are bad. Test the rear shocks by pushing down on the rear of the car. If the rear bounces then you need to replace the shocks also (Strutmasters carries replacement shocks if this is encountered).
Front Installation is now complete.