2000-2005 Buick LeSabre Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2000-2005 Buick LeSabre Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2000-2005 Buick LeSabre Rear Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
2000-2005 Buick LeSabre parts included in this kit:
- CB2RB- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Eibach Coil Springs, and 2 Isolators.
- CB24F- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Shocks, 2 Eibach Coil Springs, 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies, and 2 Isolators.
- Disconnect Battery
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric sockets
- Metric wrenches
- Floor jack or vehicle lift
- Jack stands
- Level Work Surface
- Screwdrivers (Phillips and Flat-Head)
- Allen wrenches
- Wire cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Spring Compressor
Rear Coil Spring and Air Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
Rear Air Shock Removal Instructions
- Raise and support vehicle with a lift or floor jacks.
- Remove rear wheels.
- Support the control arm with a jack stand, see Fig 1.
- Disconnect the automatic level control air tube from the shock, see Fig 2.
- Remove the lower shock absorber retaining bolts, see Fig 3.
- Remove the trunk trim to gain access to the shock absorber upper mounting nuts.
- Remove the upper shock absorber cover, see Fig 4.
- Remove the upper shock absorber retaining nuts, see Fig 5.
- Remove the upper shock absorber reinforcement, see Fig 6.
- Remove the shock from the vehicle, see Fig 7.
Rear Coil Spring Removal Instructions
- Remove the Hex nut from the adjustment link and separate from the lower control arm, see Fig 1.
- Slowly lower the lower control arm until it bottoms on the support assembly.
- Using a pry bar, pry under the lower coil spring isolator and remove the spring with the isolator, see Fig 2.
Rear Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Install lower coil spring retainer that is supplied with kit. Bolt to lower control arm, see Fig 1.
- Install small end of coil spring onto upper spring isolator and position around lower coil spring retainer. Note: "Strutmasters" and the part number will read upside down once installed, see Fig 2.
- Slowly raise the lower control arm and reinstall the adjustment link. Secure with hex nut and tighten to 36 ft. lbs.
- Install the upper shock reinforcement and the retaining nuts. Tighten the upper shock retaining nuts to 15 ft. lbs., see Fig 1.
- Install the upper shock absorber cover, see Fig 2.
- Install the trunk trim.
- Install the lower shock retaining bolts. Tighten the lower shock bolts to 18ft. lbs., see Fig 3.
- Install the tire and wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the compressor fuse to disable the air suspension system.
Rear Conversion Kit installation is now complete.