2000-2006 Lincoln LS Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2000-2006 Lincoln LS Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2000-2006 Lincoln LS Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Lincoln LS parts included in this kit:
- FD1FB- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- FD24F- 4 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- FD14F- 4 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- FD2FB- 2 Coilover Strut Assemblies.
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat Head)
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
Front Strut Removal InstructionStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the stabilizer bar link from the ball joint. NOTE: To remove the nut, first loosen the nut, then use the hex holding feature to prevent the stabilizer bar link ball joint from turning while removing the nut. Remove the nut and discard the stabilizer bar link. Discard the nut, see Fig 1.
- Disconnect the shock absorber and spring assembly, see Fig 2.
- Partially lower the vehicle.
- Remove the upper right strut mount cover, see Fig 3.
- Remove the retainers and the upper left strut mount cover, see Fig 4.
- WARNING!: Do not remove the center nut. This nut holds upper spring mount in place and if this nut is removed, the spring tension will be released. Failure to follow these instructions may result in personal injury. Remove and discard four nuts then remove the shock absorber and spring assembly, see Fig 5.
Front Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Install the shock absorber and spring assembly and new nuts, see Fig 1.
- Install the upper right strut mount cover, see Fig 2.
- Install the upper left strut mount cover and retainers, see Fig 3.
- Raise the vehicle.
- NOTE: Make sure the shock absorber lower bushing end caps are in place before installing the bolt and nut. Connect the shock absorber and spring assembly to the suspension lower arm. Install a new bolt and nut, see Fig 4.
- NOTE: To install the nut, first install the nut until snug using the hex holding feature to prevent the stabilizer bar link joint from turning. Finally, tighten the nut using a socket and a torque wrench. Connect the stabilizer bar link to the suspension lower arm and install a new nut, see Fig 5.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Note: The front springs may settle some during the first couple of weeks of use. You may have to adjust the rear height sensors to match the level of your new front springs. The rear springs can sit a little low if your rear shocks are bad. Test the rear shocks by pushing down on the rear of the car. If the rear bounces then you need to replace the shocks also (Strutmasters carries replacement shocks if this is encountered).
Front Conversion Kit installation now complete.