2002-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual - Strutmasters
2002-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual
Take a look at our easy-to-follow 2002-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual Front Conversion Kit Installation Manual to learn how to install your new Strutmasters air suspension conversion kit. Our step-by-step instructions include pictures to help you along the way.
Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 parts included in this kit:
- 2 Gas/Hydraulic Fluid Shocks
- Read general service precautions
- Wear Eye Protection
- Support the vehicle
- Remove air suspension parts
- Install conversion kit
- Disable the ride control light
Tools needed for installation:
- Metric socket set
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Metric Wrench Set
- Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
- Level Work Surface
- Spring Compressor (If Applicable)
- Allen Wrenches
- Screw Drivers (Phillips and Flat-Head)
Front Electronic Shock Removal InstructionsStep 1
Caution: A sudden release of pressure may cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle. The air suspension system is under pressure until the air supply lines are disconnected. Use the following precautions when servicing the air suspension system: Wear gloves, ear protection, and eye protection. Wrap a clean cloth around the air supply lines. The vehicle must be raised to perform this conversion! Use proper lifting equipment only! Read instructions carefully before attempting installation, if you have problems during the install then feel free to call our Technical Support Line. Please before calling for technical help, have your invoice handy.
- Read the instructions sheet and any instructions printed on the parts package carefully prior to removing the strut from the vehicle.
- Do not grip polished rod with any tool. Nicks or scratches will cause decreased service life.
- Part number on the unit may differ from part number on the vehicle.
- If you have any questions during installation you can call for Tech Assistance. (Please have invoice with you before calling).
- If this unit is gas pressurized, do not heat or open. Always wear safety glasses for eye protection. Use safety stands whenever a procedure requires you to under the vehicle.
- Raise the Vehicle.
- Support the lower control arm.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the shock.
- Grasp the connector lock tabs, see , see Fig 1 & , see Fig 2. Rotate the connector tabs counterclockwise until the connector is unlocked. Disengage the connector from the tennon by firmly pulling the connector up, see Fig 2 & Fig 3.
- Remove upper shock mount, see Fig 3 & Fig 4.
- Remove the lower shock mounting bolt, see Fig 5.
- Remover shock and repeat on opposite side.
Front Conversion Kit Installation InstructionsStep 2
- Install the new shock absorber. Insert the stem through the hole in the shock bracket on the frame, see Fig 1.
- Install the lower shock, mount and bolt.
- Tighten all bolts to factory specs.
- Reinstall the wheels and safely set vehicle on the ground.
Front Conversion Kit installation complete.