Leveling Kit vs. Lift Kit
Leveling and lifting kits are both used to raise a vehicle's suspension. They use similar components and technology to create that height, but they have a few differences that are important to note.
Lift kits for trucks and SUVs raise the vehicle's entire suspension equally. Lifting is ideal for when you want to:
- Increase ground clearance.
- Make room for bigger tires.
- Gain better visibility.
A leveling kit brings the front end of a truck or SUV to the same height as the back. These vehicles often come with a rake, which is where the rear end sits slightly higher than the front. The rake helps the truck or SUV maintain the proper height even while carrying heavy loads in the back. If you use a lot of front-end tools like a snow plow, your suspension might be susceptible to bottoming out. Leveling will help keep your vehicle at a safe height when you need to add extra weight to the front. Leveling kits can also help reduce brake pressure by giving your vehicle better balance and spreading the stopping force between the front and rear.
Our Lift and Leveling Kits
Each of our leveling and lift kits contains different parts because we believe in finding the best suspension unit for each vehicle. What works for one model will be different from what functions properly in another. In general, our kits come with:
- Spacers: These are made from solid, durable materials that add the height you need to your ride.
- Mounts: Each kit comes with mounts specific to the vehicle.
- All necessary hardware: We only use high-end, robust hardware, including nuts, bolts and washers.
Other kits may include:
- New struts: Depending on the vehicle, sometimes lifting or leveling will require new struts and shocks.
- Coil springs: You may need to install new springs that are properly tuned and rated for the new ride height.
- Torsion key: When you need to adjust your torsion bar to increase your ride height, a torsion key will come in handy.
Why Pick Strutmasters?
Since 1999, we have helped car owners find high-quality, affordable suspension solutions for their vehicles. We believe in providing:
- Trustworthy manufacturing: We ensure every component is made to strict standards, from springs and struts to nuts and bolts.
- Quality Materials: Quality is safety, which is why using the best materials available is one of our priorities.
- Precision engineering: Spacers and other components are designed to fit each vehicle perfectly.
- Helpful customer service: Our Suspension Experts are standing by, ready to help you find exactly what you need.
Purchase Your Leveling and Lift Kits Today!
Whether you are an off-roading enthusiast or someone who just likes the look of a lifted vehicle, Strutmasters has the best leveling and lifting kits you need! Browse our selection of kits above, or contact us today by calling 866-597-2397 or using the chat assistant feature.