IN STOCK & SHIPS FAST!
Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 9 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 6 PM
- Why Strutmasters
- OEM Numbers
Convert Your Expensive Factory Suspension To Our Exclusive Coil Spring Suspension. End Your Active Electronic Suspension Problems Forever...Strutmasters 2013-2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550 4-Wheel Electronic Suspension Conversion/Delete Kit (MX24F) is the perfect solution to your computerized suspension problems. Designed to be very affordable, you can convert your ENTIRE active electronic suspension to use passive struts and coil springs for less than the price of replacing ONE Original Equipment strut at the dealer.
Conversion Kit Features
- Saves Money
- All New Components
- Rides Great
- No Modifications Required To Install
- More Reliable Than Computerized Active Suspensions
- Easy To Install
- Premium American-Made Coil Springs
- Resistors to eliminate suspension warning light.
Active Hydraulic Suspension Conversion System Includes
- 2 Completely Assembled Front Struts
- 2 Completely Assembled Rear Struts
- All New Components
- Features Premium American-Made Coil Springs
- Suspension Warning Light Elimination Module
- Detailed Installation Instructions
This Conversion Kit Fits2013-2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550 without Active Body Control.
- Fits Vehicles Without the Active Body Control (ABC) Hydraulic Suspension. This can be determined by confirming the presence of coil springs on the front and rear struts that are completely visible and not enshrouded in a plastic cover. The ABC versions will also have large hydraulic hoses protruding from the top of the struts, and do not have sway bars.
The 2013-2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550 is built with the following suspension components: 2013-2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Active Electronic Struts (x4) - The strut is a perch for a metal coil spring, which helps support the weight of the vehicle. The struts on this vehicle are considered "active" because they can be adjusted hundreds of times a minutes electronically. Much like a shock absorber, the strut dampens vibration and bouncing caused by travel on rough road surfaces. 2013-2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Height Sensors (x4) - A linkage located near each wheel of a vehicle that electronically measures the height of the vehicle, and reports this information back to the control module so that the computer can identify if changes in height need to be adjusted accordingly. The ride height sensor is a moving part, and like all moving parts, they will eventually wear out. 2013-2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Suspension Control Module- A computer responsible for the operations of the active electronic suspension system and maintaining the vehicle's correct ride height.
Suspension Failure Signs
Look for these indicators that the factory active suspension system in the 2013-2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550 is going bad: A sudden loss of three to five inches of ride height in either the front, rear or entire vehicle. Having a sudden stiff ride is also an indicator. Once these electronic shocks fail, the shock can lock up and make it feel like you are driving a vehicle with no suspension. A suspension warning light, at times with a chiming noise, is another sign. Experienced technicians tell us that when one major component of the system has failed, the others are right behind it. A complete overhaul of the factory suspension system on this vehicle can cost in the $9,000 to $13,000 range with Original Equipment parts and labor at the dealer. The high cost of suspension repairs on the SL550 is exactly why the Strutmasters suspension conversion kit is such a popular alternative.